Admission and Dismissal Procedures
Normal Weather Admission
- Our day begins at 8:45 AM and ends at 3:24 PM.
- Students will line up on designated classroom lines in the schoolyard at 8:45
- Grades 2-5 will recite the Pledge of Allegiance and the School Creed
- Students will line up in size order and walk quietly with their teacher to the classroom
- Students may not enter the building before 8:45 AM
Inclement Weather Admission
* In the event of rain, snow, or extreme cold, children will be admitted through designated areas assigned by grade levels.
- Little School House multi-purpose room – Kindergarten and 1st Grade
- Main Building Auditorium – 101, 104, 2nd, and 3rd Grade
- Main Building Cafeteria – 4th and 5th
Late Arrival – Please report to the main office for a late pass.
- Dismissal is at 3:24 PM for all students.
- Teachers will walk with their class to the designated classroom lines in the schoolyard.
- Kindergarten and first-grade students will dismiss to the Little House schoolyard at 3:24 PM.
- Students in Kindergarten, First, and 2nd Grade must be signed out daily by their designated pick-up person.
- Students who pick up younger siblings must promptly do so from the schoolyard at 3:24 PM. Students attending after-school programs will wait to be picked up by the appropriate after-school counselor.
- Please report to the auditorium for late pick-up after 3:24 PM.
Emergency School Closing
Please check your child’s Class Dojo for emergency school closing information.
In the event of a citywide closing of all public schools, especially during the winter months, KYW 1060 AM will report that all Philadelphia Public Schools are closed. The announcement will also appear on their website (www.kyw1060.com) and the School District of Philadelphia’s website.